Star Wars License

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Star Wars License

Postby Jason_Sunday » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I think it would be awesome if Green Ronin picked up the Star Wars RPG license.
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Star Wars License

Postby Valyar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 am

Jason_Sunday wrote:I think it would be awesome if Green Ronin picked up the Star Wars RPG license.

Unfortunately it is being held by WotC and I think that they are doing great job with Saga Edition. Better stay there. Als Their books are better proofed. The Song of Ice and Fire RPG has so many mistakes and typos that make playing process pain in the ass - using the core book in one hand and fat errata & FAQ in other. No thanks. :yar:
Valyar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jason_Sunday » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 am

Valyar wrote:
Jason_Sunday wrote:I think it would be awesome if Green Ronin picked up the Star Wars RPG license.

Unfortunately it is being held by WotC and I think that they are doing great job with Saga Edition. Better stay there. Als Their books are better proofed. The Song of Ice and Fire RPG has so many mistakes and typos that make playing process pain in the ass - using the core book in one hand and fat errata & FAQ in other. No thanks. :yar:
I guess you haven't heard the news WotC is dropping the license. It is on their website on the front page on the right. www.wizards.com/starwars
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pramas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 am

The only license I would even consider would be one for BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic. They seem to get what made Star Wars cool, whereas Lucas does not.

It's likely moot though, as anything involving Star Wars requires way more money than a company our size can manage.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Jason_Sunday » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Pramas wrote:

The only license I would even consider would be one for BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic. They seem to get what made Star Wars cool, whereas Lucas does not.

It's likely moot though, as anything involving Star Wars requires way more money than a company our size can manage.

That is a shame that they over price their licencse because you guys would make a great Star Wars RPG. :D
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby edzz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 am

I want to have a license too.
edzz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valyar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:30 am

Jason_Sunday wrote: I guess you haven't heard the news WotC is dropping the license. It is on their website on the front page on the right. www.wizards.com/starwars

Damn, I really didn't read that news. Too bad. :-?
Valyar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Maliki » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:42 am

Besides WotC who doesn't want it, can anyone else even afford it?
Maliki
Booster
Booster

Postby Valyar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 am

Also, Lucas Film (or whoever gives the licence) are not allowing digital copies of those books. Which means that Green Ronin will have to stay with hard copies only.
Valyar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greenebow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Pramas wrote:The only license I would even consider would be one for BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic. They seem to get what made Star Wars cool, whereas Lucas does not.

Heck, I'd be happy to just see the new edition of Dragon Fist.

Wait, was that a tumbleweed? :wink:
Greenebow
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jason_Sunday » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:16 am

Greenebow wrote:
Heck, I'd be happy to just see the new edition of Dragon Fist.

:wink:
I will second that!
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Renato de Recife » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 am

If Green Ronin wants a Sci-Fi license, they could try Star Trek, if I'm not wrong both Chris Pramas and Steve Kenson worked in the Star Trek RPGs of the Last Unicorn Games, Pramas in TNG and Kenson in DS9.

It would be great to have a new Star Trek RPG by Green Ronin, maybe using a variation of True20 or a low-power-level version of M&M.
Renato de Recife
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jasca » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 am

I would like to see some kind of sword-and-planet setting or space opera game using lighter rules from ASOIAF rpg - or maybe AGE rules, who knows...

It's a shame that STAR WARS is too expensive for Green Ronin, though. It would have been interesting to see what GR had done with the SW lisence...
Jasca
Cohort
Cohort

Postby flyingcircus » Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm

edzz wrote:I want to have a license too.

Well go to your local DMV and get one... :idea:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby flyingcircus » Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Renato de Recife wrote:If Green Ronin wants a Sci-Fi license, they could try Star Trek, if I'm not wrong both Chris Pramas and Steve Kenson worked in the Star Trek RPGs of the Last Unicorn Games, Pramas in TNG and Kenson in DS9.

It would be great to have a new Star Trek RPG by Green Ronin, maybe using a variation of True20 or a low-power-level version of M&M.

I think the ST setting would be nice for a few TRUE20 books. I really hate trying to learn a new system constantly for each new game that hits the market.

Personally I think GR should do a TRUE20 setting book based on the Chronicles of Riddick, that would be awesome!
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Rhinotaur » Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Renato de Recife wrote:If Green Ronin wants a Sci-Fi license, they could try Star Trek, if I'm not wrong both Chris Pramas and Steve Kenson worked in the Star Trek RPGs of the Last Unicorn Games, Pramas in TNG and Kenson in DS9.

I think I have owned every version of the Star Trek RPGs. Didn't play them all, but I owned them all. And, if there ever is another... I'm sure I'll own that, too.
Rhinotaur
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby flyingcircus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:44 am

Jasca wrote:I would like to see some kind of sword-and-planet setting or space opera game using lighter rules from ASOIAF rpg - or maybe AGE rules, who knows...

It's a shame that STAR WARS is too expensive for Green Ronin, though. It would have been interesting to see what GR had done with the SW lisence...

I don't see how, that DC license must have been a pretty penny... :green:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to General Discussion