Convert True Sorcery to modern spellcasting, Help, See post

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Convert True Sorcery to modern spellcasting, Help, See post

Postby SenkoAu » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 am

I'm interested in using the True Sorcery suppliment for my D20 modern game but while it has rules for a "modern" spell caster it doesn't have any information on how to adapt the lores to achieve modern day effects e.g. charge a battery, retrieve hidden or otherwise protected information from a data source like a cd without a computer/hacking attempt, jaming electronic communications e.g. mobile phones/radios, etc?

I'm just wondering if anyone know's of any good conversions out there already that attempt this problem or if I'm on my own?

I've got a few ideas e.g. converting create energy electricity to charge battery sources but there's a lot I'm not sure where to start short of creating entirely new rules/lores that may not be balanced as I'm not that experienced in that area. So I'm hoping someone can help point me to threads/posts/additional suppliments that address this issue and offer modern lores or at least a way to use existing ones to interact with modern/futureistic technology?

Incidently I'm hoping this is the right forum and I wasn't supposed to use the True20 one for this particular product as its more open ended and I personally am using it for a D20 modern game.
SenkoAu
Bystander
Bystander

Return to General Discussion