Am I the only Police Officer that roleplays?

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Am I the only Police Officer that roleplays?

Postby ruprekt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:40 am

I do a sweet firefighter! :]

Seriously, I haven't met any other officers on my department that play and I am in a fairly large city. I won't say where but I'll say it's full of sin.

Anyway, are there professions out there that just don't attract the game? Does anyone know any cops that play?
ruprekt
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 am

I've met a few police officers that game. Mark Arsnenault of Gold Rush Games in particular was in law enforcement in California.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Jason_Sunday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 pm

I am a Detention Deputy for my county's jail... Does that count?
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby angel_lord » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm a former Law Enforcement Officer, Former Corrections Oficer and so on. I've been playing since the mid 70's and my group three sets ago was composed of members of the sheriff's office.

Our close friend is a lawyer, and he's been playing for near 20 years.
angel_lord
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby ~hanzo~ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 am

I'm a former corrections officer, My group back in Texas had a deputy sheriff in it. I knew a few others down there that played one game or another.

I've found that most law enforcement that do play have military back grounds and played in the service. At least most that I've talked to.
~hanzo~
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby christopher1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm a former officer too.
christopher1
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sigulf » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm a former LEO and former US Army Officer. I still play, and I am running a one player Freeport campaign for my wife (3.5 version). We started the campaign in May of 2008.

Both of us are also playing a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign 2x/month. The GM is a cross-trained first responder at a steel plant (Fire & Security).
Sigulf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kalanor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:10 am

I am a police officer and was playing regularly up until a couple of years ago when my group kinda just fell apart. I'm in a very rural community so it's hard to find other players here that I feel comfortable with. I am toying with the idea of running a play by e-mail M&M game though.
kalanor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Soyokaze » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 pm

One of the members of my long (>5 years) running weekly group is a cop. He hasn't been an officer for this whole time (student > army > cop), but long enough.
Soyokaze
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Maliki » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:44 am

A good friend, and longtime player in my group is a corrections officer, and I have seen on another board a police officer or maybe two who gamed.
Maliki
Booster
Booster

Postby Piperdog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey there. I am a veteran officer (though back in college to make a switch to education) and I have been gaming on and off since the early 80's.
I think cops, even more than other professions, are very guarded about the image they convey, not only to the public but to other cops. I am very, very secretive about the fact that I game. I nearly crapped my pants when my wife posted picks of me running a Castles and Crusades game at GenCon on my Facebook page. :o :D

I game with a group of likewise professional closet gamers; my best friend, a well respected and very conservative guy, is our GM most of the time, and he would die before it became public knowledge. lol.
Piperdog
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dark-Madness » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:18 am

I work for a police dept, but am not an officer.
Dark-Madness
Bystander
Bystander

Return to General Discussion