PDF Products

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

PDF Products

Postby Konzill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 am

This is in response to the PDF Products round table article. So far my expirence with The PDF products have not been that great, in terms of printing. Every single file seems to have pages that for one reason or another just won't print for me at all. In the case of hte Dragon Age sets. I had to edit the file and remove all the images in order to get a print out.

I had the same expirence with the quick start rules. It wouldn't print until I removed the images.

I was able to do thsi because I knew enough about the internals of PDF files. However Adobe does provide a way to solve this in a general way. ANd that is placing different components of the file in seperate layers that can be switched on and off. Is this soemthing you would consider doing, as It would greatly improve the usability of the file.
Konzill
Bystander
Bystander

Re: PDF Products

Postby effrenatus » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:20 am

We don't hear much of that. We had some troubles with Mac Preview as a viewer a while back, but I thought we'd settled it. Let's try to figure out what's up with you, though. Please let me know the following:

OS/Version
PDF Viewer/Version
Printer Model

That should give us a good start.

-mls
effrenatus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Konzill » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

My system details are as follows:

Fedora Core 6
Acrobat Reader 9.3.1
Cups 1.2.12
HP Laserjet 4050TN (PCL6, Postscript Level 2).

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I've been on holiday and off the internet for the last week.

regs

Konzill.
Konzill
Bystander
Bystander

Postby KacyCrawford » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 am

I use Adobe primarly
KacyCrawford
Bystander
Bystander