Historical Mythic Vistas go True20!

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Historical Mythic Vistas go True20!

Postby HalWhitewyrm » Tue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

I posted this to the True20 forums, but for fans of Testament, Trojan War and Eternal Rome that do not frequent that forum, here's the press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIGHMOON MEDIA PRODUCTIONS TO PRODUCE TRUE20 ANCIENTS

May 12, 2008 (MIAMI BEACH, FL & SEATTLE, WA) — Highmoon Media Productions has reached an agreement with Green Ronin Publishing to produce the new True20 Ancients line of sourcebooks, bringing the critically-acclaimed historical Mythic Vistas settings to the True20 Adventure Roleplaying game. Highmoon Media Productions will act as a design studio for Green Ronin, performing the conversion to True20 of all the game material—done by True20 fan-favorite author Matthew Kaiser—as well as producing the finalized version of the product.

True20 Ancients will bring to the True20 game all the material previously found in Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era, Trojan War: Roleplaying in the Age of Homeric Adventures, and Eternal Rome: Roleplaying in the Age of Gods and Emperors, with some new material added in. The new line will reorganize the information and present it by cultures, making it easy for True20 fans get all the pertinent information for a specific culture in one package.

“I have been a passionate fan of Testament since its release, as well as of Trojan War and Eternal Rome,” said Daniel M. Perez, owner of Highmoon Media Productions. “Green Ronin did a fantastic job with these books, which is why I actively support them via Ancient World Adventures Magazine (formerly Targum) and why I sought to do this project as well. I am delighted that Chris Pramas accepted our proposal and entrusted us with this endeavor. I can’t think of a more fitting project to mark our entry into the world of True20 publishing than True20 Ancients.”

“I'm a big fan of historical gaming,” said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas, “which is one of the reasons we did the Mythic Vistas line in the first place. No one has been a more ardent supporter of that material than Daniel Perez, which makes him the perfect choice to develop True20 Ancients for us. This is great news for fans of True20 and historical gaming.”

True20 Ancients: Rome will be the first book in the line, followed by True20 Ancients: Israel & Canaan, and by the rest of the ancient world cultures presented in the original settings afterwards. True20 Ancients will be available in PDF from the Green Ronin webstore and vendor sites at RPGnow.com and DriveThruRPG.com.

Find out more about True20 Ancients at www.highmoonmedia.com/true20ancients

ABOUT HIGHMOON MEDIA PRODUCTIONS
Highmoon Media Productions is a Miami Beach-based e-publisher of gaming products, including Ancient World Adventures Magazine (formerly Targum), a magazine supporting Ancient World campaign settings. Highmoon Media Productions also produces The Gamer Traveler Podcast and The Digital Front Podcast. Learn more about Highmoon Media Productions at www.highmoonmedia.com.

ABOUT GREEN RONIN PUBLISHING
Green Ronin Publishing is a Seattle-based company known for its dedication to quality books and games. Founded in 2000, Green Ronin has won more awards for excellence and innovation than any other game company in the new millennium, and took home the coveted ENnie Award for Best Publisher an unprecedented three years running. With great licenses like Thieves' World and the Black Company, groundbreaking games like Mutants & Masterminds and Blue Rose, and a roster of top flight designers and illustrators, Green Ronin Publishing is a leading light in the hobby game industry. Learn more about Green Ronin at www.greenronin.com.

# # #
Highmoon Media Productions Media Contact
Daniel M. Perez
daniel@highmoonmedia.com

Green Ronin Media Contact
Nicole Lindroos
nicole@greenronin.com
HalWhitewyrm
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Constantine XI » Wed May 14, 2008 1:16 am

Great news, indeed. I always felt True20 would serve the Mythic Vistas line (particularly Testament, Eternal Rome, and Medievel Player's Manual) well. If it is anything like the wonderful Tales of the Caliphate Nights treatment, consider me sold.

Incidentally, I'd like to add what a terrific magazine Targum is, an invaluable addition to my Testament games. I look forward to Issue 5 in the near future (I'd love to see part 2 of the 3.5E Testament conversion document, and the Ostraca articles are always a source of much inspiration)

Keep up the good work, and please tease us with preview material...
Last edited by Constantine XI on Wed May 14, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Constantine XI
Bystander
Bystander

Postby HalWhitewyrm » Wed May 14, 2008 4:32 am

Thanks a lot, Constantine. You totally made my day. :)

Targum will be morphing into Ancient World Adventures Magazine, and issue 5 is being assembled right now (the guy who's doing the Testament conversion is a university prof, so his time these days is very limited, thus the wait).
HalWhitewyrm
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Spike Y Jones » Fri May 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Constantine XI wrote:Incidentally, I'd like to add what a terrific magazine Targum is. The Ostraca articles are always a source of much inspiration.

Well, I can tell you that I've (belatedly) started work on the next Ostraca piece, which'll give you a new low-power monster to use in the Testament setting (something it's a bit short on).

Spike Y Jones, writer of those Ostraca articles
Spike Y Jones
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Kommando » Fri May 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Definitely something to look forward to. Thanks for the news!
Kommando
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Constantine XI » Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 am

Spike Y Jones wrote:
Constantine XI wrote:Incidentally, I'd like to add what a terrific magazine Targum is. The Ostraca articles are always a source of much inspiration.

Well, I can tell you that I've (belatedly) started work on the next Ostraca piece, which'll give you a new low-power monster to use in the Testament setting (something it's a bit short on).

Spike Y Jones, writer of those Ostraca articles

Good news. I prefer low-level games, especially those centered around Israelites. I've already done high (10th or so) level characters in a middle-Egypt campaign and Babylonian campaign. These are well served by existing monsters, but low-level opponents are most welcome.
Constantine XI
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Constantine XI » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:09 pm

I was wondering whether we had an ETA for the True20 conversion of the Mythic Vistas line? It's been four months since the announcement, I hoped we'd have a firm release schedule by now. I presume the next instalment of Targum has benn delayed, but any news would be most welcome.
Constantine XI
Bystander
Bystander

Postby HalWhitewyrm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:04 pm

True20 Ancients: Rome is in editing with me now. It was the victim of me being without a computer for most of the summer and then Gen Con. I hope to start laying out in Oct (after the High Holy Days) for a late Fall/early Winter release. Israel is already halfway written.

Targum #5 will be the transition issue between this name and the new rebranding and that should be out around the same time.
HalWhitewyrm
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Constantine XI » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. Good news, indeed!
Constantine XI
Bystander
Bystander

Postby HalWhitewyrm » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:11 am

Folks, I have great news regarding this project!

Original Mythic Vistas editor Spike Y Jones has jumped on-board as editor for True20 Ancients: Rome. Spike's knowledge of the original material, as well as his awesome editing skills and spectacular True20-fu means that this project is simply going to rock.

The simple truth is that I needed help, and if I was going to bring an editor to True20 Ancients, it was Spike or nothing. So I'm thankful Spike said yes. :)

This could mean a slight delay in publication (which is more than made up by the increase in quality) though we're all still shooting to get this book out before the end of the year.

Thanks so much for your continued support and know that it is coming, and it is going to be fantastic.
HalWhitewyrm
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Campaign Settings