Curious Freeport mention in recent Ryan Dancey chat...

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby trancejeremy » Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:40 am

From

http://www.d20reviews.com/interviews/danceychat.htm

Question "There's a lot of replicated work out there right now in the d20 market. Do you think that the strongest versions of each will rise to form a de facto core d20 game?"

Answer "Yes, I do. I cannot tell you how absolutely thrilling it is to see the content done by John and Michelle for for ships appearing in the Fantasy Flight nautical product.
I also know of a project underway to expand Chris Pramas' Freeport. The more customers demand that effective, popular rules systems thrive, the better off we'll all be. Feeding that back into the wellspring of D&D is the long-term challenge."

Does he mean the placing of Freeport into that one campaign world from another company(which I don't know the name of), or does he mean something different? Anyone know?
trancejeremy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Steve Kenson » Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:11 am

On 2002-03-01 00:40, trancejeremy wrote:

I also know of a project underway to expand Chris Pramas' Freeport. The more customers demand that effective, popular rules systems thrive, the better off we'll all be. Feeding that back into the wellspring of D&D is the long-term challenge."

Does he mean the placing of Freeport into that one campaign world from another company(which I don't know the name of), or does he mean something different? Anyone know?

Perhaps Ryan is refering to the Freeport: City of Adventure book? That certainly constitutes an "expansion" of the Freeport setting in terms of detail and background. He could also mean the use of Freeport in other settings, I dunno.
Steve Kenson
Ronin Steve
Ronin Steve

Return to Campaign Settings