Freeport Topography

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Postby Thyrkill » Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:07 am

I want to give a good description of the city when my players come into port, so I wanted to know about the city's topography. Is it similar to Greek cities that rise up steep hills from the docks? Or does it lay flat in a natural bay, like San Francisco?

I personally think these details are very important and would like any input, whether it is "official" canon or just what someone has in their campaign.

Thanks very much,
Thyrkill
Thyrkill
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:29 am

I don't think that data is given in any of the Freeport products printed to date, though I expect the city book (due in March) would have that info.

In my game, I've been assuming that the terrain has a noticeable but not too steep slope up from the harbor. The Old Town, being the most fortified place, would naturally be on higher ground than anything else.

Tim
timemrick

Postby discjacker » Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:33 pm

My Freeport is very similar, low around the harbor rising up to small hills that hold the Old town as well as the temples, the rest of the island is flat deforested farms with a small rock quarry on the northern tip.
discjacker
Bystander
Bystander

Postby gubaru » Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:21 pm

My idea is fairly similar. IMO, for islands to be called the Serpent's Teeth, they have to be fairly steep. So, I see the Old City as being higher the harbor then a leveling off for awhile (Drac's End) before a steeper slope towards the center of the island.
gubaru
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings