How big a part has Falthor played in your campaign?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Postby Bryarr » Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:37 pm

Falthor, of Falthor's Curios (he's in one of the focus on freeport postings on this site) has played a significant role in my campaign post-Madness in freeport. I am a first time DM so it was helpful to have an NPC to rely upon when getting my players up to a suitable level to start hell in freeport.

I made him very eccentric, stopping mid-sentence, forgetting what he was talking about, picking up later at an odd moment, etc. He's great.
Bryarr
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:00 pm

On 2002-01-14 16:37, Bryarr wrote:

I made him very eccentric, stopping mid-sentence, forgetting what he was talking about, picking up later at an odd moment, etc. He's great.

Hah! Sounds disturbingly like me lately. My short term memory isn't what it used ot be. :smile: I'm well on my way to becoming the eccentric old neighbor lady in someone's future.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Bryarr » Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:57 pm

For those who might care, my PC's decided to visit Falthor one night, on the spur of the moment (it was around 2 am game time). I was not expecting this... so I decided to have them interrupt an assassination attempt on his life by one of the Faceless. He had previously cast nightmare on falthor the night before, so he didn't have many spells memorized. He came in polymorphed as Falthor's assistant, Nell (who plays a bigger role in the shop than outlined in the Focus on FP). The PC's BARELY saved him, he was in negative hit points. Not sure why I'm sharing all of this, I'm bored right now and I am on a lunch break at my store.

Bryarr
"You want to do WHAT?!"
Bryarr
Bystander
Bystander

Postby anoxos » Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:25 pm

Falthar is a regular staple in my campaign. I started running the Freeport stuff late, so I had all the FoF stuff on hand from the start. The party has sought his help figuring out stuff on several occasions, and sometimes "shops" at his store...Nell has even gotten quite a bit of "screen time", as the party bard was dating her...until his unfortunate demise... (mwhahahaha...)
Falthar is preoccupied but benevolant, with Nell doing the day-to-day stuff while Falthar pokes, prods, researches, and tells stories.
anoxos
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Kalendraf » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:13 am

I introduced Falthor's Curio shop at the conclusion of Death in Freeport. Party had no way to identify items, and it seemed like a good fit. Nell has been recording notes from the party as well.

Falthor actually bought the snake candlesticks from the party found in DiF since they were very old and then did some research to learn that they were used in many old Valossan rituals. Assuming the party finds the Jade Serpent in MiF, I'm hoping to have a tie-in with the Serpents and these candlesticks for a ceremony that will be vital to an upcoming adventure.
Kalendraf
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Campaign Settings