Where is Lucius?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Postby Wilfard » Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:04 pm

I've just read TiF & MiF and I cant seem to find out where Lucius has gone in TiF.

I'm sorry if I havent read the material well enough, but I cant find the answer.

I anyone can help me please do, I'm starting TiF in a few days.

Thanks to everyone who helps me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wilfard on 2002-01-11 19:05 ]</font>
Wilfard
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Fritti » Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:47 pm

Hmm... temple of The God 'o Knowlege, I suspect. I don't think he does much in the adventure, however; Egil is more important for the time being.
Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.
Yarr! I be a Freeport DM!
Fritti
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kalendraf » Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:56 pm

It would have been nice to have had some stats listed for both Lucius and Egil in DiF. Luckily, Egil's stats are listed in the next module. This was important for me because Egil has been in continuous contact with the party, offering to heal them when necessary, yet I had nothing to work off of to know how much healing he could perfrom from the initial adventure.

As for Lucius, the biggest question I have is just who or what possessed him? It's important to understand this. Was it an enemy of the Unspeakable One? Or was it one of the Unspeakable One's agents? Obviuosly, the DM has final say here, but I'd like to know if anything is planned for Lucius in future Freeport publications just so that I don't accidentally hose something up.
Kalendraf
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby vortex » Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:10 pm

On 2002-01-12 22:56, Kalendraf wrote:
As for Lucius, the biggest question I have is just who or what possessed him? It's important to understand this. Was it an enemy of the Unspeakable One? Or was it one of the Unspeakable One's agents? Obviuosly, the DM has final say here, but I'd like to know if anything is planned for Lucius in future Freeport publications just so that I don't accidentally hose something up.

The inference in the module is that Lucius was possessed by a member of the Great Race of Yith. Like the Yellow Sign and the Unspeakable One(Hastur), Yithians are a creature of the Cthulhu mythos. See this article on the Great Race of Yith at the Chaosium website.
Last edited by vortex on Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
vortex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kalendraf » Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:08 pm

Thanks for the response, Vortex. While searching for more info, I ran across the information about the Yellow Sign, Hastur and Yig from the Cthulu mythos. I was not familiar with the Yith, but the website helps somewhat. I'm actually planning on building upon the Yig and Valossans information in the freeport series. Assuming the party survives MiF, this should work out quite nicely for what I have in mind.
Kalendraf
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Bryarr » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:23 pm

I actually used Lucius as an emotional trigger to get my players to investigate the "Firebrand Killer" at the beginning of Hell in freeport... Lucius was the most recent victim. That got their attention!
Bryarr
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:33 pm

On 2002-01-14 20:23, Bryarr wrote:
I actually used Lucius as an emotional trigger to get my players to investigate the "Firebrand Killer" at the beginning of Hell in freeport... Lucius was the most recent victim. That got their attention!

Alas, poor Lucius, I knew him well.

Some guys just can't catch a break. :smile:
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby timemrick » Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:00 pm

Because Lucius is never given stats in the Freeport trilogy, I concocted my own for him:

Lucius: Male human, Exp1 (librarian): CR 1/2; Medium-sized humanoid; HD 1d6-1; hp 5; Init +0; Spd 30 ft.; AC 10; Atk -1 melee or +0 ranged; AL NG; SV Fort -1, Ref +0, Will +2; Str 9, Dex 11, Con 8, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 13; Craft (Bookbinding) +7, Decipher Script +9, Gather Information +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (Geography) +9, Knowledge (History) +7, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Profession (Librarian) +5; Skill Focus (Decipher Script), Skill Focus (Knowledge: Geography).

Languages: Common, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, and 3 others chosen by the DM as appropriate to the campaign.

This data and other notes can be found on my GR errata pages:
http://www.geocities.com/thastygliax/grp-errata/

Tim
timemrick

Return to Campaign Settings