D'arrr, Mates, Know of any Good Ship Combat Rules?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Postby Fritti » Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:06 pm

My characters are goin' to swash some buckles on the high seas... anybody know of any good ship-to-ship combat rules?
D'arr.
Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.
Yarr! I be a Freeport DM!
Fritti
Bystander
Bystander

Postby vortex » Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:25 pm

On 2002-01-09 16:06, Fritti wrote:
My characters are goin' to swash some buckles on the high seas... anybody know of any good ship-to-ship combat rules?
D'arr.

Have you seen Seas of Blood by Mongoose publishing. I havn't play these rules yet, but they look like they would hit the spot.
vortex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MadJack » Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:38 am

On 2002-01-09 19:25, vortex wrote:
On 2002-01-09 16:06, Fritti wrote:
D'arr.

Have you seen Seas of Blood by Mongoose publishing. I havn't play these rules yet, but they look like they would hit the spot.

Arrr, the Mongoose rules get the MadJack seal club of approval. They also have a pdf of their record sheets as a free download at their websight. Easy bookkeeping as MadJack is a lazy cur.
Keep yer paws of me golden dingits!
MadJack
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MadJack » Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:12 am

Ar, Mates. On the subject of ship to ship combat rules, has anyone checked out the rules
by Living Imagination? They have a whole Age of Exploration campaign world. Lots of
Sea Fairing I'd Imagine.
MadJack
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DM_Jeff » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:53 am

I have fully read both Living Imagination and Seas of Blood. Living Imagination is a kind of looser rules set, but it does work. Seas of Blood takes lots more into account to really giver you the experience. My group playtested it to death, it works great.
DM_Jeff
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings