[Freeport] What happened to the League of Freemen?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

[Freeport] What happened to the League of Freemen?

Postby Kain Darkwind » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Alright, I'm reading through City of Adventure and comparing it to Pirate's Guide, I can't find any mention of the League of Freemen. Did something happen to it, and if so, what?
Kain Darkwind
Bystander
Bystander

Re: [Freeport] What happened to the League of Freemen?

Postby Pramas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Nothing official happened to it. If I recall correctly (and it has been some years since we put those books together), I decided to leave it out of the Pirate's Guide because shapeshifters seemed a little redundant with the serpent people already in play. No reason you couldn't continue to use the League though.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby timemrick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Not to mention the aranea ("Holiday in the Sun") and the weresharks and vulpines (Creatures of Freeport). In fact, IIRC, just about the only kind of shapeshifter that hasn't been featured in Freeport is the doppleganger! Perhaps the latter, with their ability to read thoughts--which would allow them to detect some of the other shapeshifters they come across--wisely steer clear of Freeport and choose safer cities to infiltrate...

...but on the other hand, you could make a real head-bender (to use polite language) of an adventure out of a shadow war between the shapeshifting species in the city, as they compete for key positions to infiltrate in Freeport society--and in each other's cabals. :yar:
timemrick

Postby Kain Darkwind » Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm glad they weren't done away with, though it is sad to let them fade. I'm hoping they feature in "Sasserine" in my campaign, though we'll see.
Kain Darkwind
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings