The Red Star - new fan material

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

The Red Star - new fan material

Postby blut_und_glas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 pm

The Red Star is quite dear to me and despite its relative obscurity I've been fortunate enough to find people to play it with on and off ever since it came out.

When I and some of the guys from those Red Star groups got involved in a collaborative gaming blog (d6ideas.com), we saw to it that we published some of the stuff we had created for our games.

Now, just judging by the number (and age) of threads concerning it, The Red Star generally seems to be getting little love around here, but I still thought that someone at least might be interested in the material we put out:

Train Depot - an adventure for characters of 3rd level or higher set during the war in Nokgorka, includes stats for some of the creatures introduced in Sword of Lies (the comics which were published after the Campaign Setting)
Hydra Variants - a couple of additional configurations of the Hydra superheavy fighting vehicles, including some new weapons and rules
Infantry Weapons - as it says on the tin, more weapons for characters to shoot with or be shot at
The Odnashdoi Utrom - an npc faction complete with some stats and a new protocol as a bonus
The Ghosts of Aragon and The Brigades of Aragon - a two-parter on the Red Star's equivalent to the Spanish civil war, along with additional rules and conversion notes to play either during the war or its aftermath
The Red Trooper Revised - a class variant of the Red Trooper, focusing on the use of normal firearms instead of the hook
Red Star Character Sheet - this article isn't about the Red Star actually, but there it includes the download of a Red Star character sheet as a bonus (as the article was published after a run of previous Red Star articles)

(Some of the articles are also available as German translations, on the off chance that a German Red Star enthusiast reads this. ;))

Regards,
jdw
Last edited by blut_und_glas on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renko ... you clown.
blut_und_glas
Bystander
Bystander

Re: The Red Star - new fan material

Postby blut_und_glas » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 pm

We published another Red Star article at d6ideas today:

The Other Side of War - three advanced classes for The Red Star, focussing on criminal and ex-military characters

Regards,
jdw
Renko ... you clown.
blut_und_glas
Bystander
Bystander

Postby blut_und_glas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm

First off:

Sorry if any of you got 404 errors the last few days. d6ideas underwent a software update and we experienced an unfortunate glitch which led to some of the links going dead on us. I just fixed all of the links and the articles should now be available again.

Now for the proper news:

We have published the second (of three) articles dealing with Red Star specific advanced classes.

On the Frontlines - two advanced classes for military characters (krawl commanders and teleporting infantry commandos)

The third part in the advanced classes series is currently planned for early April.

Regards,
jdw

PS: I might add that I am really happy that we could use that image of Alexandra for "Frontlines" - she's easily my favourite character from the comics. :)
Renko ... you clown.
blut_und_glas
Bystander
Bystander

Postby blut_und_glas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Shadow War - our final two Red Star advanced classes, this time with an espionage theme

Regards,
jdw
Renko ... you clown.
blut_und_glas
Bystander
Bystander

Postby corbingravely » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 am

I am new to the red star and as you said it showed me the 404 error many times. I had to restart the program to clear the error, still it used to pop up at times. I have read in the blog that this is some server error and will be fixed soon, that is the reason I didn't waste time to register complaint.

Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings