A Song of Ice and Fire RPG

If you need to find fellow Green Ronin enthusiasts, this is the spot to do it.

Moderator: Super Moderators

A Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Postby Bowgentle » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I am looking for a possible ST/GM for A Song of Ice and Fire RPG. Since it can be a challenging finding fans of the RPG I was hoping that I might strum up enough interest in possible ST's or players to do something online. Ice and Fire is such a great game and those interested in it really have a passion for the era and world that I thought it would be great if we could eventually build a network of individuals that would like to play online. There are chats out there that we could use if we can get a large enough group or if we can only manage a small group we could try and get something going on messenger or through some other online means.

Anybody who is interested please note the following information if you can and would:

1. Would you be willing to Storytell/Gamemaster or are you only interested in being a player?

2. What medium do you prefer (chat, messenger, forum, other)?

3. What kind of time do you generally have (and we understand that life circumstances do change)?

4. Do you enjoy writing or working on setting information, maps, npc's, plots/adventures, ect?

5. What time zone do you live in?

6. If you are willing to leave your e-mail/messenger or some other method for contacting you please do so.

I will monitor any responses and maybe contact some of you who have a similar passion or interest. If some of you have other ideas you would like to add please do. This is a work in progress and something I hope will bare fruit.

Thanks, Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Postby timemrick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 am

I was recently dithering between running SIFRP or D&D 4e after my current campaign wraps up. 4e won out with my players, but I'd still love a chance to try out the game.

1. Would you be willing to Storytell/Gamemaster or are you only interested in being a player?
Player only. I don't normally play online, and I run another game, so I won't have time to GM this.

I was in one long-running RPG campaign that was half face-to-face, half by forum, so forum is what I'm most used to (though I've no idea whether my group's method of play resembles any other forum-based games). I don't use messenger, and only rarely chat, but I'd be willing to try the latter, assuming I'm able to schedule discreet chunks of time for the game.

3. What kind of time do you generally have (and we understand that life circumstances do change)?
That's a complicated question. I'm currently unemployed, so have free time, but I need to spend a lot of my online time job-searching. I also have two young children I have to watch most of the day until school starts in mid-Sept. Right now, I could easily commit to a couple hours a week, possibly more if my schedule and the game's mesh well and/or after the kids start school.

4. Do you enjoy writing or working on setting information, maps, npc's, plots/adventures, ect?
I tend to GM as much as I play, so yes. But my own game has dibs on that part of my brain, so my contributions would be limited.

Eastern.

6. If you are willing to leave your e-mail/messenger or some other method for contacting you please do so.
PM me here, and I'll put my email in the reply.
timemrick

Postby Bowgentle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for the response Timerick, hopefully we will get more SIFRP fans responding soon, although it might take a little time considering the game is by no means mainstream. If we can get a decent number of people involved it might be a lot of fun to play in an online chat some of the time along with a forum. I will keep watching this thread and hoping for more interested parties so check for updates periodically.

Thanks, Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Props » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

I could be a back up Gm if need be

im a big fan of infrno.com but failing that i like a chat with forum back up

I know my schedule 2 weeks in advance and am willing to game when ever

Yes i do but i Co-GM 2 other game so they tend to come first

Eastern

Pm me and ill respond with my email
Props
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey Props,

I am not ignoring you I just noticed your response today and I am currently on vacation until the 29th of August. I will touch base with you after that and get your e-mail addy.

Talk to you soon, Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:59 am

For anybody who comes across this post and wonders if it is still active I touched base with Props today and Timemrick a few weeks ago and although it's slow in the going I am still hoping to gradually build a core group of players/GM's/ect to eventually put something together. The challenge of course is that the game is not mainstream so it might take a little time but any new players or old players with a little time on their hands might find it worthwhile to network in case your own games fall through or are put on hold. Props brought up the INFRNO program that he came across at Gencon and that might really be something fun that we could use if we can eventually gather enough bodies.

Anyhow, if you are still out there Timemrick drop me a line and perhaps the 3 of us can eventually set a time and jump on IM and chat a bit. In the meantime I am still watching for interest from other Ice & Fire lovers.

Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 am

I'm still here, and still interested. However, I'll be starting a new job sometime this month, so will need some time to see how my new schedule shakes out.
timemrick

Postby Ser Iggy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Player Only

I've never played/run a game online before, so I'll let you guys decide that one...

As long as I'm given advance notice, I should be able to make any reasonable times.

I've been a giant fan of Ice & Fire for years. I'm definitely interested in helping out.

Eastern

Throw a PM my way and I'll provide my contact info.
Ser Iggy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

Hey Timemrick and welcome Ser Iggy. Congrats on the new job Timemrick and
just drop me a line when you get your new schedule. BTW Timemrick, did you ever get my invitation on MSN IM?

Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 am

Bowgentle wrote:BTW Timemrick, did you ever get my invitation on MSN IM?

Apparently not, but I also don't use IM.
timemrick

Postby The Harpomarxist » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 am

I'd be up for anything.

I guess forum is easiest for me - I don't have a chat ID anywhere. Honestly my play by post experience is extremely limited. I was briefly involved with a Dragon Age game over at myth weavers, but that game stopped before it really got going. E-mail would work well for me.

Honestly, my schedule is kind of rando, but I think I can make a post each weekday.

Uh, yeah. I've actually got a whole alternative setting I've whipped up for SIFRP (not that we'd have to use it - it just makes dodging the whole interfering with canon issue a bit easier.)

EST

Is there some sort of private messaging that can be done on this forum?
The Harpomarxist
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:33 am

Hello Harpo,

As you have probably already read, this discussion is a work in progress as I try and gather up a group of people interested in working with the SIFRP game. My dream would be creating a SIFRP setting for a chat and having players RP/interact when they had some time and occasionally set a time for more formal adventures/storylines. While that dream may be a bit out of reach at this time (since I have only heard from a hand-full of players so far), it might be good to start a forum based game until we can build a foundation of players large enough to do some formal stuff in a chat. If somebody has some ideas on how we might do that by all means share. I will consider the possibility as well.

Also Harpo, if you use an instant messenger drop me a pm and let me know what it is. I know some of you don't use MSN IM but I am willing to get set up with another messenger service so that we can communicate in the future. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks, Joe
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ser Iggy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 am

Hey folks,

Anything new on getting a game rolling? Bow, toss me a PM if you need help with anything.
Ser Iggy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey there Sir Iggy,

I am going to try and finally meet Props in IM in the next few days and then I might add a couple messengers so that I can make contact with some of the others that posted in this thread. Once I finally touch base with everyone it should be easier to start networking between us and maybe get some ideas rolling. If you can give me a PM and give me any addies you have for any IM's that would be great. After I see what you use I can get you added and then try and set a time where we can chat a bit. It would be great if eventually everyone interested in putting something together can all start using the same IM but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Peace, Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Old Scout » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:23 am

Late to the party here, but this is something I'm interested in!

Player only at this juncture.

I'm open to any of these. I've previously RP'd in MMOs (yes, it can be done) but also have done games via Fantasy Grounds and MapTools.

Generally weeknight evenings. (I GM a face-to-face game on weekends.) That said, I'm also on-call for work one week in four, and I'm also traveling to Australia for about three weeks in November.

4. Do you enjoy writing or working on setting information, maps, npc's, plots/adventures, etc?
Settings, maps, and NPCs, sure. I also do adventures but I'm more adept at the "go places, do things" style of adventure than any type of intrigue scenario.

US Eastern.

Shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to exchange info.
Old Scout
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello Old Scout,

You are by no means "late." Considering that Ice and Fire is not a mainstream game it takes time to gather interested people. We definitely have a decent sized group here but it has been a challenge communicating since I primarily use MSN Messenger to chat with other gamers and many in this group use different forms of communication. I'm considering approaching a couple friends in chats I play in to see if we might be able to use a room to get something going for Ice and Fire. Before I do that, I have a question for everyone who has responded to this thread (see below).

[*] Is there any method of communication that everyone might be willing to use/download/ect, so that we can try and start chatting together and talk about some of the options we might take to get something going? Let me know your thoughts everyone. I think it will be even easier to get more people interested once we actually find a location to occasionally play and establish a foundation for a setting.

I would like to set something up where we can RP directly in a chat, do some forum-based Rp associated with that chat or possibly do something through Skype or some other communication based program. I think I can get us a chat to play in and that would allow us to build a setting, post information and other resources, and keep in touch more easily. Again, Let me know what your thoughts are everyone and if you have something to add.

Thanks, Bow
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Old Scout » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm

In my case, I do have MSN at home (well, Trillian really) - IM is verboten at work. I also use Skype occasionally at home, and I can say I've found the combination of Skype and MapTools very effective. (Needless to say, I can also run Maptools, and am comfortable hosting a MapTools server.)

I'll shoot you a PM with my contact information.
Old Scout
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ser Iggy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey Bow, and welcome to Old Scout...

I have Skype, and if old scout says that MapTools works well with skype then maybe that's our answer...

If we decide to use MSN, or some other form of IM - I'll be more than willing to download & sign up.

Let me know
Ser Iggy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bowgentle » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey gang,

It's been a while and now that the HBO series has started I am hoping that it will infuse even more life into the RPG. On that note, I have started chatting with some fellow fans on a Star Wars chat that I play on and several people are interested in putting together something for an Ice n Fire chronicle using some unused rooms on the chat and a section of the forums. Thus I am hoping to touch base with some of you and possibly get some brainstorming ideas on how to set up the setting for an Ice n Fire game? Anyhow, drop me a line again and let me know who is out there and maybe interested.

Peace, Bowgentle
Bowgentle
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Rayeti » Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am

Bowgentle wrote:Hey gang, Peace, Bowgentle

yo, you can thank the HBO series for me, lol. I'd love to play a game of sifrp online, and I have previous online role play experience, everything from Vampire: The Masquerade on skype to $th edition DND in a chat room, to third edition DND in a forum.

I would prefer just being a player for this game however, as I may end up GM'ing an RL sifRP. If you end up wanting me, my email is
Jamesdub
/at/
live dot com

I have made another similar post to this on a different site here.

(I live in the central time zone)
Rayeti
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Skavian » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

Revisiting this:

I am idly working on putting together something that would run like the old White Wolf "digichats." If there is still interest in this, or if someone hasn't beaten me to the punch, I'd like to hear from people around here. If I get a response I'll detail more.
Skavian
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I'm nearly done reading A Dance with Dragons, and had a chance to play a demo game of SIFRP at GenCon, so I'm interested in this again. How much I could play will entirely depend on my schedule (which hasn't changed appreciably, except that the kids will be back to school in a month).
timemrick

Postby muggie2 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm interested, mostly as a player rather than anything else, as I have too little time to really devote too much to any game. Playing, cool - can do that, and have some time for that. Trying to GM anything, well, anything written down gets used as drawing material by my daughter in short order. :-)
Of course, playing an adventure as bastards, all Flowers, well, she'd be happy to ensure that! Any other details, such as gameplay and such, well, that'd get rather obscured.
That said, let's look at the original (year old) questions:
Player

Any that works - MSN, Skype, Facebook - would use Google+ if I had an invite (hint, hint to those who can do it...)

Some on weekends, little during the weeks

Love it (except maps, where I truly suck)- but have no time.

Central Europe - just to make coordination truly difficult

I can be reached via: muggie2 at gmail, no I'm not putting in the lovely squiggle that all the board-trolling bots love to copy and use. You're a human, you can work it out.
muggie2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Eisen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 am

Greetings bow. I hope this thread is still alive as I'm very eager to get in some Game of Thones action. Just picked up the books yesterday but sadly my normal group is too unreliable to get a campagin going.

Player only. I know the rules but not to the point that I'd be ready to GM it

Messenger or chat should do fine

I keep retail hours. Weekends are mostly free as well as evenings.

Sure I don't mind helping out on some of the detail work.

Eastern Standard

atsuge2000 at hotmail. My primary messenger system is Yahoo but I can easily get MSN if that's what more folks are using.

I look foward to hearing from you, and playing the only game that matters!
Eisen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby lordmalachdrim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:16 pm

I could gm but I haven't had a chance to play or run the system before so I would be shaky on the mechanics for a bit.

Chat, Messenger, and VT are fine

Weekday evening would be fine (weekends are busy with family and face to face game)

Detail work's fine. Pretty much the face to face groups only GM so I'm use to that stuff.

Eastern Standard

hma379 @ gmail . com or just pm me.
lordmalachdrim
Bystander
Bystander

Next

Return to Players Seeking Players