ASoIaF RPG - PbP Players Wanted!

If you need to find fellow Green Ronin enthusiasts, this is the spot to do it.

ASoIaF RPG - PbP Players Wanted!

Postby tetnak » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Hello all!

I'm here to invite you to one of the best PbP sites out there, Brennor's RPG Corner, http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/. We've been up for going 9 years now. We're focused on great RP and we hope you'll join us.

There is a current ASoIaF game currently running. The premise of this game is a smaller and mostly ruined House trying to rise from the ashes! Join House Cloverwood today! This game occurs just before A Game of Thrones chronologically.

Next, we're in development to run a game at, or beyond, the Wall. It has not been decided if we'll be playing Wildings or the Night's Watch. Regardless we will have some fun! This game is being run at the same time as the first.

Come join us at Brennor's RPG Corner!

http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/

TetNak
GM of all things ASoIaF!
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Re: ASoIaF RPG - PbP Players Wanted!

Postby Zorbeltuss » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Could be interested in joining House Cloverwood, needs to look some more into it though.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby tetnak » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Of course. Come on over and check it out. We have a fairly comprehensive OOC section that describes the House and other important aspects of the game. You're also very welcome (and completely able) to view most of the game posts (Some have been hidden by being posted via e-mail in order to keep some things secret ICly and OOCly). Let me know if you have any questions.
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:14 am

Let's see, there's a lot of posts there, will require some time to get a grip on all that.

Some questions:
-Current roster of PC's looks like? (in particular, which roles are filled and are there any "gaps")
-Short summary of happenings thus far?
-Anything about game mechanics/character creation I should know about? (Like house rules, how kosher it is to drop an ability down to 1, and what the "min/max tendency" is at.).
-How does one apply?
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby tetnak » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am

These are best answered over on Brennor's, but, let me give you a quick run down here.

- PCs. We have: A Maester, the Heir (A Knight), the Lord's bastard (A Knight), a ironborn Ward (Smooth Talker/Archer), the Heir's squire (Former stable boy/hunter archer), a Braavosi Water Dancer (a house retainer), a hedge knight (currently inactive, house man-at-arms). Yes - This is a lot of player. This game gets split often to account for that.

There are NPCs that have already been mentioned, etc, that you could take over as well. Most have no stats.

- Summary: House Cloverwood is a minor bannerman of House Ashford. It resides near the Dornish Marches (This is completely made up). They have poor relations with Ashford and are being strong armed by the Lord's wife's family (House Musgood). There was some trickery, etc, and the House ended up getting attacked by House Musgood but they repelled the invasion. House Ashford and House Cloverwood have an uneasy acceptance of one another after. In the fighting, etc, the Lord of Northmarch's youngest son was kidnapped and taken to Tryosh. A portion of the players went there, secured the child to bring him home in exchange for them agreeing to allow a Red Priest to build a temple in Northmarch. Their ship is currently being attacked just outside of the Stepstones. This is a very, very, very simplified version of what's happened.

- As far as mechanics, I don't have any specific house rules but am trying to figure out how we should do languages, as I think it is far too restrictive. If you drop something to 1, I'd want to have a good reason for it.

- You apply by asking me if you want to play, agreeing to the terms of the site and the game, and that's about it.
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Gurkhal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 am

It sounds like an interesting story that is being played out. I think that I will request to be allowed to join. :)

I take it that the applying is done of the gamesite in question.
Gurkhal
Henchman
Henchman

Postby tetnak » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 am

Yup. I check this site maybe once a day. I'm over on Brennor's all the time.
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetnak » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am

We've already got three great new players. Who else is out there wanting to play? :)
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetnak » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Bumping this thread. We lost one of our players and could use a replacement!

We also now have a Night's Watch game going which could also use a player or two!
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby hadriya9091 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 am

I'd be willing to play, though I live in the Eastern United States, so it really depends on the time.
H@driya
hadriya9091
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetnak » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Bumping this thread again!
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby corbingravely » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:55 am

I think you need to invite me into it so that I can play too. But I can find any option where I can send you a request to join the network. Please do help me with this one. I would really love to be a part of this game.

----------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
windows 8 xp
corbingravely
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetnak » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

Corbingravely --

Just go to Brennor's RPG Corner and send me a PM. Register on the site first.

My username on Brennors is TetNak.

http://brennor.dyndns.org/
tetnak
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Players Seeking Players