A song of ice and fire system

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

A song of ice and fire system

Postby Amanchanamun » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 am

System used in the game a song of ice and fire is very nice. You need to publish sama system for different worlds.
Amanchanamun
Bystander
Bystander

Postby danbuter1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:11 pm

I agree, though I do think the armor rules need fixed.
danbuter1
Bystander
Bystander

Armor rules

Postby ceranko » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 am

I think the armor rules are fine except for criticals in armor. In my mind, if your combat defense is low because your wearing full plate and using a two handed weapon it is very easy to get a critical hit because your easily going to double your combat defense when you get hit. I think that is pretty unfair because armor is supposed to protect you. Possibly armors should have a critical hit number, that has to be reached on a hit roll. Double your armor rating or something akin to that. Say Harrod Umber has a five combat defense while using a two handed sword in full plate. Even though the combat defense is 5 the attacker would have to roll a 20 to get a critical hit' double his AR. This would make wearing armor more advantageous.
ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Weylin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 am

I also think the engine from SOIF has great potential as a general system for fantasy as it is and with some heavy modification modern, horror, scifi games as well.

I for one would happily pay for a general version of this.

-Weylin
Weylin
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box