M&M MARVEL UNIVERSE

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

M&M MARVEL UNIVERSE

Postby flyingcircus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:24 am

I am probably not the first to say this but here goes anyhow;

Why not contact MARVEL and make an official M&M2e rpg supplement setting book, or for that matter even DC. Keep the rules as is, just get some official Marvel universe setting specific stuff out here.

Just my suggestion. :yar:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby REG » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Because last I heard, Marvel was talking to WotC.

Besides, I don't think MnM need that kind of exposure. Look at Champion RPG from HERO Games. They didn't need DC's or Marvel's help and they remain in the Top 3 superhero RPG list.

That and the fact I don't like product licensing in general. They take too long to approve the material and we may have to pay extra to offset the cost of the license as well as share revenue with them.
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

hummmm

Postby flyingcircus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 am

:o I dont think it would be bad for MNM or GR in general, if anything sales would probably skyrocket, and to hell with WotC, they screw up everything they touch anyhow.........

I think Marvel would be awesome as a SETTINGS book for MnM, not a replacement game book, just a settings and adventures book.

As far as HERO being up there, I dont see how, the game has massive learning curve and takes forever to get ready to even play, its probably held on because allot of brain dead idiots wont give it up. Their universe is very bland IMO.

MnM on the otherhand is well done and really great at pickup gaming, unlike HERO/Champions. I was just saying I think MnM and marvel could go very well together, and if GR wanted to, i bet they could out-talk WotC at Marvel with a solid rules system, compared to WotC "umm how many supers games have they done", oh yeah ZERO!

Oh, well I'm just ranting and hoping for something that will never occure, I guess. :roll:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Tymminator » Wed May 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Well, with DC in the fold, it would be nice to see MARVEL next.

I don't care if the hero handbooks for MARVEL, DC and M&M 3e would esentially be the same (differing only with thier respective settings) I would buy them all, without a doubt. The fans of just MARVEL could buy just MARVEL, the fans of DC could buy just DC, but I know I would buy both.
Tymminator
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Suggestion Box