On-line form and replies

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

On-line form and replies

Postby Greyskull » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:18 pm

Hello,

About 10 days ago i filled out the on-line form on your site but did not recieve any reply. Now, I know that it was in proximity to Gen Con, but 10 days?!

My message was regarding your Advanced Bestiary, and I would appreciate a reply.

Itzhak
Greyskull
Bystander
Bystander

Re: On-line form and replies

Postby Nikchick » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:14 pm

Greyskull wrote:About 10 days ago i filled out the on-line form on your site but did not recieve any reply. Now, I know that it was in proximity to Gen Con, but 10 days?!

My message was regarding your Advanced Bestiary, and I would appreciate a reply.

Most of our staff returned from GenCon on or around August 23rd. Some of us returned home sick, with something picked up by one of the 40,000 GenCon attendees. In addition to catching up on the things that had come up during the week we were away, we were also preparing for our appearance at Conquest San Francisco, which just concluded today. Since June, I personally have been out of the office (largely for convention travel) 31 days and the rest of our staff are only slightly behind me on that score.

Some may feel that they are entitled to a faster response than they have received, however anyone sending a message to our general contact address from this site should be aware that they are competing for the attention of a very limited number of people and messages are prioritized by urgency. What may seem "urgent" to the writer may not actually be among the most urgent or time-sensitive issues that need staff attention.

For example, any number of people write in to request permission to use Green Ronin Open Game Content in their upcoming products. While it is a nice gesture to inform us when our OGC is appearing in others' products, it is not at all necessary for them to ask (nor for us to give) "permission" for Open Game Content to be used under terms and conditions of the Open Game License. It's enough that we must police the use of our trademarks and product identity; it is unreasonable to expect that we would devote additional time to unnecessarily "approving" the use of material which has already been clearly designated as open content.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Greyskull » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 am

I was unaware of your tight schedule, so I apologize. And I thank you for your answer.

May you continue to produce such good products.

Itzhak
Greyskull
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box