More Plot Driven Adventures

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

More Plot Driven Adventures

Postby Nhoj » Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:16 pm

One of the great things about Freeport was the plot. And the sub-plots. And the great NPCs. And the way it encoraged the DM to think of evil things to add!

There are a zillion site based, kick the door down, kill whatever, take what's shiny, move to the next door, d20 adventures out there, but only a few great plot driven adventures. Green Ronin has put the Role Playing back in RPG, and I'd love to see more.

NPCs with motivation, dark secrets, the players working to find out what's really going on before time runs out...

I know it takes more time to do good plot driven, event filled adventures than traditional dungeon crawls, but I know my players love it.

So go on, do it again!
nhoj509 AT comcast DOT net
= Nhoj =
Nhoj
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: More Plot Driven Adventures

Postby Pramas » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:09 pm

Nhoj wrote:One of the great things about Freeport was the plot. And the sub-plots. And the great NPCs. And the way it encoraged the DM to think of evil things to add!

There are a zillion site based, kick the door down, kill whatever, take what's shiny, move to the next door, d20 adventures out there, but only a few great plot driven adventures. Green Ronin has put the Role Playing back in RPG, and I'd love to see more.

NPCs with motivation, dark secrets, the players working to find out what's really going on before time runs out...

I know it takes more time to do good plot driven, event filled adventures than traditional dungeon crawls, but I know my players love it.

So go on, do it again!

OK, we will! :)

I have contracted two Freeport adventures for next year, so we'll be returning the city to its roots in 2003.

We haven't done an adventure for awhile now, so this should be fun.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Return to Suggestion Box