Hardcover Books

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Hardcover Books

Postby Megumi Jyaku » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:05 am

I know its an anal retentive detail, but with future hardcover releases, would it be possible to ensure that they are exactly the same size as the core rulebooks? The Freeport book is a little taller and a little wider than the core books. It irks me just a little bit every time I look at my bookshelf.
Megumi Jyaku
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hardcover Books

Postby Nikchick » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:22 am

Megumi Jyaku wrote:I know its an anal retentive detail, but with future hardcover releases, would it be possible to ensure that they are exactly the same size as the core rulebooks? The Freeport book is a little taller and a little wider than the core books. It irks me just a little bit every time I look at my bookshelf.

Hee! If that's the worst of our troubles, I have to say I'm cool with that. :D

The trouble is that different printers have different printer specifications, and some print at exactly 8.5" x 11" while others might give you a final book that is 8 3/8" x 10 7/8" and there's not a lot we can do about it, unless we want to deviate from their standards and pay the associated (totally outrageous, btw) set-up costs for such a thing.

So, no, can't help out much on that one. Sorry!

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Re: Hardcover Books

Postby Megumi Jyaku » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:44 am

Nikchick wrote:
Megumi Jyaku wrote:I know its an anal retentive detail, but with future hardcover releases, would it be possible to ensure that they are exactly the same size as the core rulebooks? The Freeport book is a little taller and a little wider than the core books. It irks me just a little bit every time I look at my bookshelf.

Hee! If that's the worst of our troubles, I have to say I'm cool with that. :D

The trouble is that different printers have different printer specifications, and some print at exactly 8.5" x 11" while others might give you a final book that is 8 3/8" x 10 7/8" and there's not a lot we can do about it, unless we want to deviate from their standards and pay the associated (totally outrageous, btw) set-up costs for such a thing.

So, no, can't help out much on that one. Sorry!

Nicole
Well, start using WotC's printer then. :D Ha ha.

I suppose I can live with it. Besides, GR puts out the BEST d20 supplements around. I've compared similar products between GR and other publishers, and GR I find put out the most useful information, consistently. You folks strike the perfect balance between the prose and rules. And the production quality is ALWAYS top-notch. Which is rarely the case with the other publishers, they never score a hit on both accounts. If their written material is above average, the production quality is sub-par. If the production quality is great, then the written material is below average.

(I won't name specific products or publishing companies, since it would be inappropriate to do so on this forum.)

So, I can live with the teeny-tiny size difference, as long as you guys continue doing as SUPERB a job as you have been doing.

Keep up the GREAT work!
Megumi Jyaku
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box